Thursday, July 5, 2012

New York, New York

Whatever I think or say about New York, it always comes with that unmistakable sense of certainty. Like I know what I know. I believe all New Yorkers have that same sense of certainty. We just know New York, period. No one knows it better than us. We live it. We get it, enough said. We've become its landmark and we are standing deep rooted in its grounds.

I know it might sound ridiculous and somewhat overreaching. But believe me if you live here long enough, you'll most likely not only understand but agree with me. This is the only city in the world that will grant you that assurance if you've lived here long enough. You'll feel entitled to be a part of it. Take my word for it.

You know how they say that any relationship is either for a reason, a season or a lifetime. New York is definitely for a lifetime.

You can love it and hate it at the same time. You can try to ignore it, you can try to escape it. And still NY takes you back, and never holds it against you. It forgives you all your tantrums, your mood swings, your bad attitude. For it knows we are in it together.

Love you, NY. You truly are my soulmate.













No comments:

Post a Comment