Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Sandy, Part II

Here are some pics from those two memorable days I spent on Long Beach during the storm. The first one is of the day before Sandy. The waves were big and glorious, surfers had the best time. 
Pictures below are of the day of the hurricane, and capture the ocean making it to the street. I was on the boardwalk the whole time, and experienced it firsthand. 
Pictures taken at night are from my balcony. As you can see the ocean made it to my street and kept going, and it was still few hours away from the high tide. My phone died when we reached the high tide and images of the waves at full force are, unfortunately, mental. But take my word for it, the waves rushing through my building and blocks ahead were as big as surfing ones at the beach the day before.












No comments:

Post a Comment